Advanced teacher training can be cumbersome. We want to engage you with useable, meaningful, actionable education now. This week is one of many modular trainings in the 90 Monkeys Advanced Teacher Training Curriculum. Join Amy in Boulder, CO at our cozy 90 Monkeys Studio for our famous yoga therapy training!
This dynamic and intimate 4-day training is dedicated to learning how to serve students with limitations and special needs in the company of other high-level yoga teachers under Amy’s caring eye. Safety and individualized attention are becoming less and less emphasized in many yoga classes, while all-levels, athletic classes are becoming the industry norm. We want to make yoga accessible to all those who wish to benefit from this extraordinary practice!
This training gives you the tools to stand out as a teacher who can speak to many populations, effectively address student’s physical limitations, provide compassionate solutions for students with injuries, and teach full group classes as well as private sessions with more empathy, expert skill, and confidence.
- Explore a variety of musculoskeletal injuries and biomechanical problems related to the various areas of the body
- Master the modifications for a variety of fundamental poses to help clear and resolve common injuries through yoga
- Hone your observational skills and learn to demonstrate modified poses empathetically in order to teach a more inclusive and accessible yoga class
- Discover the common conditions of special populations and the appropriate therapeutic solutions
- Learn ways to align properly in all chest and quad opening poses, standing poses, hip opening, hamstring opening poses, and sun salutations
- How to holistically address common injuries in areas such as the neck, rotator cuff, lower back, sacrum, hips, knees, and feet, and conditions such as tendonitis, carpal tunnel syndrome, and more.
- Do asana practices tailored to integrate alignment and form into your own bodies as well as learn tools to teach others the same.
- How to apply therapeutic hands-on adjustments on each other in order to help students and private clients.
Meet and make fabulous friends!
Enjoy the mountain views, fantastic restaurants, and great people in Boulder, CO!
Prepare in advance!
Registered students will receive our Pre-Event Video that Amy has put together to help you prepare to get the most out of this training!
Healthy snacks will be provided throughout the day such as raw chocolate, beverages, fruit, veggies, and other surprises. Amy’s Italian. It’s how we roll.
This training is part of 90 Monkeys’s Advanced Teacher Training Curriculum.
2516 N. Broadway Street, Suite 300
Boulder, CO 80304
2 years of regular study and practice of yoga
Strong working knowledge of yoga alignment or graduate of 90 Monkeys teacher training
September 14-17th, 2017
Regular Registration: $495 (if paid by August 14th, 2017)
Late Registration: $525 (if paid after August 14th, 2017)
We expect this intensive to fill quickly, so please enroll at your earliest to save your spot. Due to space constraints, no refunds of tuition can be made, therefore please make sure your schedule is clear before enrolling.
Learn more about the complete 90 Monkeys Teacher Training Curriculum.
Traveling to Boulder? Download our 90-Monkeys-Travel-Logistics-Information packet to learn about where to stay, great restaurants, accommodations, recreation and much more!