Friday May 19th - Sunday May 21st
Join Amy for 3 days of learning how to fine tune your teaching skills, and make Yoga accessible to all levels.
This three day module is part of 90 Monkeys Advanced Teacher Training curriculum. It will give you the tools to stand out as a teacher who can effectively address student’s physical issues and provide compassionate solutions for those with injuries. Under Amy’s watchful eye, learn to teach group classes as well as private sessions with more empathy, expert skill, and confidence.
- Explore a variety of musculoskeletal injuries and biomechanical problems related to the various areas of the body.
- Master the modifications for a variety of fundamental poses to help clear and resolve common injuries through yoga.
- Hone your observational skills and learn to demonstrate modified poses empathetically in order to teach a more inclusive and accessible yoga class.
- Learn ways to align properly in all chest and quad opening poses, standing poses, hip opening, hamstring opening poses, and sun salutations.
- Learn how to holistically address common injuries in areas such as the neck, rotator cuff, lower back, sacrum, hips, knees, and feet, and conditions such as tendonitis, carpal tunnel syndrome, and more.
- Do asana practices tailored to integrate alignment and form into your own bodies as well as learn tools to teach others the same.
- Learn how to apply therapeutic hands-on adjustments on each other in order to help students and private clients.
- Receive informative, useful course handouts and syllabus.