What do you do when the women of Gaia Herbs come over to your house to play?
Concoct crazy things in the kitchen, obvi!
It was an honor to have Stepfanie Romine, a writer and editor who specializes in food, natural health, and wellness in our home. She guided me through her latest recipes using some of my favorite supplements from Gaia Herbs. Stepfanie recently co-authored The No Meat Athlete Cookbook and is one of the most creative vegan chefs I've met!
Just in time for summer, Stepfanie tested out my mixology skills with this mocktail that she calls “Superfruit Fizz.”
This superfruit drink is sparkling and delightfully refreshing, bit too sweet, and it offers immune support and antioxidants — plus plenty of vitamin C! It’s key ingredients are Gaia Herb’s Black Elderberry Syrup which sweetly balances the mouth-puckering tang of their Hibiscus Tea mixed with pomegranate juice.
Here's how you do it!
1 cup Gaia Herbs Organic Hibiscus Herbal Tea, cool
1/2 cup pomegranate juice
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 teaspoon Gaia Herbs Black Elderberry Syrup
1 dropperful Gaia Herbs Organic Ginger Root Liquid Herbal Extract
Sparkling water - I suggest Pellegrino which is naturally carbonated in part
Kitchen Tools Needed
Glass measuring cup
Pitcher or serving jar
Directions (see video below for a walk through!)
- Brew one bag of Gaia Herbs Hibiscus Tea in a cup of cold water for 20-30 minutes or longer (no need to boil!)
- Pour the tea into a measuring cup with a pouring spout.
- Add the pomegranate and lime juices.
- Whisk in the Black Elderberry Syrup and the Ginger Extract.
- Fill a large glass (or two smaller glasses) halfway with ice, if desired.
- Pour in the tea mixture, then top off the glass with the sparkling water for a unique "ombre" effect.
- Serve immediately. Serves 1 or 2.
Let us know what you think in the comments below!